Saturday, August 06, 2005

Interview with the AdSense million dollar man, Jason Calacanis - JenSense.com

Interview with the AdSense million dollar man, Jason Calacanis - JenSense.com Pearls from: "Interview with the AdSense million dollar man, Jason Calacanis...$1M a year in Google Adsense (or why 2,739 is my favorite number) - The Jason Calacanis Weblog - calacanis.weblogsinc.com _

What single change do you think made the biggest leap in your AdSense income?

1. Taking off the borders around the advertisement
2. Making the links the same color as the links on the blog

What is the best piece of advice you have for a publisher brand new to AdSense? What would you have done differently when you started with AdSense, knowing what you do now.

I would have run four ads per page, taken off the borders, and made the links the same color as the links on the blog. I would have also made channels for each position and blog so I could track things better.

How many times do you login to AdSense a day? Are you a stats junkie who checks every ten minutes? Or do you check only once or twice a day?

I have about 50 saved Adsense reports in a folder on my Opera browser. Every day I click on it and autoload the 50 pages. I then scan and look for trends. Sometimes I find a CTR spike or an eCPM of note. However, it's pretty steady at this point




"

No comments: